PCM1798 mono mode with balanced output help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
See the datasheet.....

Lyra

Attachments

• clipboard.jpg
    clipboard.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,274
Think you will have to build two D1 stages including 16 pcs. of IRF610/IRF510, and use some kind of discrete-builded OP-amp to make the signals from each one "non-balanced", and then the sum on theese outputs will be balanced (again) ?!

Lyra

"ICs and Transistors are working with smoke! If the smoke coming out, the part will not work anymore...."
hmmm......what will then happen to us that smoke sigarettes when we stop smoking......:D

mpopovics said:
I was thinking in something like that.
Could it be work?
Because in mono mode L and R inverted:
L- and R+ same
L+ and R- same

Is it correct?
Is the output current is higher also?

I think this is a GREAT question.

You have come to the same conclusion as I have. Be ware though that such current output devices (I have not evaluated your device) will have a standing current into the device which will go away in the subsequent diff-amp.

You also need to change the values of the resistors for the output amp unless you want double output swing. If you do so, remember that the rollof frequency is also affected by such change of resistors.

Please let me know your results.

Petter

The solution

I have asked TI directly, to get information.
They forwarded the question into Japan, to development dept.

Finally, after 2 weeks I got this answer:

"Dear Mr. Popovics,

please find the answer from our Japanese experts below:

"For two I/V amp circuit ( DF bypass, mono )
Connect IoutL- and IoutR+ -> I/V
Connect IoutL+ and IoutR- -> I/V

For four I/V amp circuit ( DF bypass, mono )
Shown in Figure-25, data sheet"

Please let me know if you have any further questions."

BR,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.