is it possible to fix my marantz CD 67 mkII

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My marantz CD 67 mkII is several years old now. several months ago it slowly started not recognising CDs. For a while it was possible to make the player to start spinnning the disk by randomly pressing the seek buttons after inserting a disk.

I have removed the case of the player, and found that the disk does no spin when put in.

I have also put the player into diagnostic mode, though i don't really know what i'm doing, but I can make the disk spin and also make the laser track. I can also see that the laser does appear to be working (i can see a bit of red light, didn't look too carefully though due to worrying about my eyes).

If anyone knows what is wrong or how to fix it i would love to hear from you, because I'm broke and can't afford a brand new CD player at the moment.
:confused:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.