Help needed fitting Tentlabs clock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased a Tentlabs XO2.2 clock which I'm trying to fit to my Sony 337ESD CDP.

Last night after fitting the clock the CDP read the TOC and played discs fine but I had lost the audio output :confused:. Refitting the original crystal and the two small ceramic caps which I had removed returned everything back to normal.

Perhaps I'm connecting the clock incorrectly? Maybe the new clock is interfering with the mute circuit somehow?

Here's the circuit diagram for the original crystal etc:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The full schematic for the CDP can be downloaded here:
Sony CDP-337ESD Service Manual PDF Free Download

or here:

SONY CDP-337ESD SM Service Manual free download, schematics, eeprom, repair info for electronics

Please can someone confirm how I need to connect the clock i.e. which components need to be removed and where the connections need to be made?

Also my Tentlabs clock has options for either 3v or 5v output. I have it set on 3v at the moment.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.