Pioneer PD-S501 CD Player Schematic Wanted/Or Help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask, I have a broken PD-S501 that wont start, the turntable don't turn.

I hear just a click when a press play but that is probably the laser pickup that tries to focus.
I have repaired CD players before many years ago but not anymore.

It's the model where you place the CD upside down, a sticker on the backside says "manufactured November 1992".

I would be verry happy if someone have a schematic or perhaps can advise me, I have probably forgot some about repairing CD's, and it's a bit difficult to do anything without a schematic.

Thanks in advance to all brightheads! :)

BTW, those of you who have any listening experience of this player or a close model, what's your opinion, is it a good sounding or just as any opther player?
On the front reads "Pulseflow D/A converter", so it's an 1-bit player!?

This is a bit of a grey area.

I received the manual from a poster at audioasylum, and I'm not sure how he'd feel about me redistributing it. That is why I'm not comfortable leaving it on my server permanently.

It's online for the last time today, please fetch it, distribute via email or such. If it appears on-line on another server I'll deny any and all affiliation... :innocent:

I wanted to valuate the power-supplies, local supplies and there de-coupling....a lot of improvement can and will be made :smash:

regarding the analog stages.....:scratch1:
Im going use a twin tubed SRPP buffer based on "simple" ECC82's.......no trannies and no tubed rectifere :ashamed:
cheap trick you could state :judge:........

But this "El Chepo" will sound great! :cloud9:

project only possible by making use the emty leftside in the cabinet, re-placement of the original transformer with new bidge/electrolytic capacity 4x 10.000µF/16V-
the HT/glow supply is placed the same region and is planned to be made of a toridal transformer (220V/0,15A 6,3V/3A 12V/0,3A), bridge, 100µF/450V, choke, 220µF/400V.

Bodhi

I have be direct........i dont think this player is very musical as it is....its just a dull digital expirience, with lack of subbass, clearity, stage and cresendo............but this is how it should be when its standard ;)
The sound is just as good as the power-supplies :xeye:.....and they need a makeover job done, make a few changes to the analog stage to and then we have a whole different experience :devilr:

The "Stabile Platter" cd-drive is whats makes this cd-player a good "base" for a mod. project, the "almost look a like metal" plastic finish this model got....is not to bad either :p

ill be (re-)posting a suggestion for "non tubed" PD-S501 mod. ;)

Did made it a couple of hours ago...but just as i was close to finish the guide..... my pc made a BSOD and lost all my writing by that (duh!) :bawling:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.