Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st April 2008, 07:57 PM   #61
Basill is offline Basill  Poland
diyAudio Member

Hi I need a schematic for pioneer pd-s501 eventualy a datasheet of PD2026A would be enough. I would be very grateful for any reply . My e-mail gissaq@wp.pl
Old 4th March 2009, 05:35 PM   #62
bassie is offline bassie  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Pioneer PD-S501 CD Player Schematic Wanted/Or Help!!

I have the same player with exactly the same problem. Did you found out what caused the turntable malfunction?

Quote:
Originally posted by Ultima Thule
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask, I have a broken PD-S501 that wont start, the turntable don't turn.

I hear just a click when a press play but that is probably the laser pickup that tries to focus.
I have repaired CD players before many years ago but not anymore.

It's the model where you place the CD upside down, a sticker on the backside says "manufactured November 1992".

I would be verry happy if someone have a schematic or perhaps can advise me, I have probably forgot some about repairing CD's, and it's a bit difficult to do anything without a schematic.

Thanks in advance to all brightheads!

BTW, those of you who have any listening experience of this player or a close model, what's your opinion, is it a good sounding or just as any opther player?
On the front reads "Pulseflow D/A converter", so it's an 1-bit player!?
Old 4th March 2009, 06:07 PM   #63
robot is offline robot  Croatia
diyAudio Member

The weak spots of those cd players are spinning motor, weak and poor managed power supply which is constantly supplying cd analog output, cheap crystal, not brilliant pcb layout, cheap and ringing housing, cheap parts. On the other side, they' re cheap an could be found in any damn hole in the world, reliable transports with expensive but very good laser pickup. Dac is probably kind a delta sigma, made by unknown manufacturer for pioneer. Spending some 100$ ( better power supply, some digital tweaks, better opamps or discrete output, and clock-spdif upgrading) would this moderate machine put in the hall of immortal cd players.

Now it s time for me for a question: anybody knows where to buy a spare PEA1179 laser pickup unit?
Old 4th March 2009, 06:46 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Now it s time for me for a question: anybody knows where to buy a spare PEA1179 laser pickup unit? [/B]
http://www.elmatis.hr/ProductDetails...roductId=34060
Old 4th March 2009, 06:50 PM   #65
diyAudio Member

Default Laser unit

Hi robot,

I have two of these.

If you need/want one send me a PM. BTW They are not cheap!

Regarding the Pioneer players, these are great players if they are modified the right way.

If the spindle motor is OK and the IC that drive's the spindle motor and the PSU is OK Than it's probably the laser unit.

All the best.

Audiofanatic
Old 4th March 2009, 08:06 PM   #66
bassie is offline bassie  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Strangely enough i can't measure any power feeding the spinning motor. So even wen it's broken, theres no power the make the motor turn. Should i consider a water mill?

Quote:
Originally posted by robot
The weak spots of those cd players are spinning motor, weak and poor managed power supply which is constantly supplying cd analog output, cheap crystal, not brilliant pcb layout, cheap and ringing housing, cheap parts. On the other side, they' re cheap an could be found in any damn hole in the world, reliable transports with expensive but very good laser pickup. Dac is probably kind a delta sigma, made by unknown manufacturer for pioneer. Spending some 100$ ( better power supply, some digital tweaks, better opamps or discrete output, and clock-spdif upgrading) would this moderate machine put in the hall of immortal cd players.

Now it s time for me for a question: anybody knows where to buy a spare PEA1179 laser pickup unit?
Old 16th February 2013, 09:29 AM   #67
oszkar is offline oszkar  Romania
diyAudio Member

If you have a Pioneer Local Service Center send it to them and specify the reparation that you would like to be made! I had a 7700 i sent it with a new laser and they made it work for 70euros, I have specified that i want the pots to be brought at the right value and the laser be adjusted! 50euros cost the laser adjustment and 70 if any other pot further has to be adjusted. I tryed fixing it myself but didn't dare to do too much since i could have had it damaged, you know adjusting too much those pots nomather witch!

Hide this!Advertise here!