Pioneer PD-S501 CD Player Schematic Wanted/Or Help!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the same player with exactly the same problem. Did you found out what caused the turntable malfunction?

Ultima Thule said:
Hi,

I hope this is the right place to ask, I have a broken PD-S501 that wont start, the turntable don't turn.

I hear just a click when a press play but that is probably the laser pickup that tries to focus.
I have repaired CD players before many years ago but not anymore.

It's the model where you place the CD upside down, a sticker on the backside says "manufactured November 1992".

I would be verry happy if someone have a schematic or perhaps can advise me, I have probably forgot some about repairing CD's, and it's a bit difficult to do anything without a schematic.

Thanks in advance to all brightheads! :)

BTW, those of you who have any listening experience of this player or a close model, what's your opinion, is it a good sounding or just as any opther player?
On the front reads "Pulseflow D/A converter", so it's an 1-bit player!?

The weak spots of those cd players are spinning motor, weak and poor managed power supply which is constantly supplying cd analog output, cheap crystal, not brilliant pcb layout, cheap and ringing housing, cheap parts. On the other side, they' re cheap an could be found in any damn hole in the world, reliable transports with expensive but very good laser pickup. Dac is probably kind a delta sigma, made by unknown manufacturer for pioneer. Spending some 100$ ( better power supply, some digital tweaks, better opamps or discrete output, and clock-spdif upgrading) would this moderate machine put in the hall of immortal cd players.:D

Now it s time for me for a question: anybody knows where to buy a spare PEA1179 laser pickup unit?;)

Strangely enough i can't measure any power feeding the spinning motor. So even wen it's broken, theres no power the make the motor turn. Should i consider a water mill?

robot said:
The weak spots of those cd players are spinning motor, weak and poor managed power supply which is constantly supplying cd analog output, cheap crystal, not brilliant pcb layout, cheap and ringing housing, cheap parts. On the other side, they' re cheap an could be found in any damn hole in the world, reliable transports with expensive but very good laser pickup. Dac is probably kind a delta sigma, made by unknown manufacturer for pioneer. Spending some 100$ ( better power supply, some digital tweaks, better opamps or discrete output, and clock-spdif upgrading) would this moderate machine put in the hall of immortal cd players.:D

Now it s time for me for a question: anybody knows where to buy a spare PEA1179 laser pickup unit?;)

If you have a Pioneer Local Service Center send it to them and specify the reparation that you would like to be made! I had a 7700 i sent it with a new laser and they made it work for 70euros, I have specified that i want the pots to be brought at the right value and the laser be adjusted! 50euros cost the laser adjustment and 70 if any other pot further has to be adjusted. I tryed fixing it myself but didn't dare to do too much since i could have had it damaged, you know adjusting too much those pots nomather witch!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.