I'm gonna need some elektric help "Pioneer PD-S505" (First Post/Thread) - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2015, 11:47 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default I'm gonna need some elektric help "Pioneer PD-S505" (First Post/Thread)

Hi guys
What an awesome place, probably gonna spend way too much time here..
I just bought a pair of Avance Epsilon 980 speakers for 90$ and the seller threw a CD player into the deal whether i'd wanted it or not, now i have zero cds in my collection "vinyl here" but i have been thinking of doing a project for quite some time now and having this player that for 1, is a pretty good player and 2, is something i wouldn't be devastated if it broke in the process seemed to be the perfect victim for my project.

Plan is to turn this:
Click the image to open in full size.
into this:

To do that i need to remove as much unnecessary things as possible, and to do that i'm gonna need some help from people that knows how to read schematics properly and that is where you guys come in

The Schematics: http://www.jackenhack.com/slask/Pion..._schematic.pdf

The things that i'm going to remove is the whole front including all buttons and the display, headphone jack and card and some other mods but that is another discussion. So if you take a look at the schematics 1st page lower right corner you see the the main front card with all the buttons and display, second page lower left corner you see where it connects to the mainboard and as far as i can see i should be able to remove it and then connect the remote sensor to the connections "15,14,12" on CN352 and then i should be able to use the cd with the remote without the front card? right?

Also the card for the headphones that connect with the mainbord "second page left side" to the connection CN401 should be just to unplug and the mainboard should still work?

If i manage to get rid of those cards then i can have the player in a Rosewood Cube that would be 20!! cm narrower and 2 cm higher compared to the original with a wall/top/bottom thickness of 2 cm all around.

If this turns out good i will then do my amp and riaa and finally my turntable.

As mentioned, this is my first post so i guess it's doomed that i put it in the wrong section or something.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Last edited by UsernameTaken; 11th September 2015 at 06:52 AM.
Old 11th September 2015, 06:39 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

To simplify it, I want to remove everything in the red square and keep the remote sensor in the green square and solder it directly to the mainboard. Will the board act up without the front card or do you think it will work as intended?
Old 12th September 2015, 11:04 AM   #3
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

It looks like it should work... surprisingly... because the front only seems to hold the display and keypad and appears not have the system control IC mounted there, as many players do.
Old 13th September 2015, 12:51 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post
It looks like it should work... surprisingly... because the front only seems to hold the display and keypad and appears not have the system control IC mounted there, as many players do.
Thank you Mooly for your input, This is what i was thinking as well.
I sadly don't have a remote at the moment so i have to wait to test until i buy a new one next week.
Old 13th September 2015, 08:24 PM   #5
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

You are welcome, and good luck with your project

Hide this!Advertise here!