I'm gonna need some elektric help "Pioneer PD-S505" (First Post/Thread)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys
What an awesome place, probably gonna spend way too much time here..
I just bought a pair of Avance Epsilon 980 speakers for 90$ and the seller threw a CD player into the deal whether i'd wanted it or not, now i have zero cds in my collection "vinyl here" but i have been thinking of doing a project for quite some time now and having this player that for 1, is a pretty good player and 2, is something i wouldn't be devastated if it broke in the process seemed to be the perfect victim for my project.

Plan is to turn this:
bAxsWxj.jpg

into this:
XSOggZB.jpg

To do that i need to remove as much unnecessary things as possible, and to do that i'm gonna need some help from people that knows how to read schematics properly and that is where you guys come in ;)

The Schematics: http://www.jackenhack.com/slask/Pioneer_pd-s505_s605_schematic.pdf

The things that i'm going to remove is the whole front including all buttons and the display, headphone jack and card and some other mods but that is another discussion. So if you take a look at the schematics 1st page lower right corner you see the the main front card with all the buttons and display, second page lower left corner you see where it connects to the mainboard and as far as i can see i should be able to remove it and then connect the remote sensor to the connections "15,14,12" on CN352 and then i should be able to use the cd with the remote without the front card? right?

Also the card for the headphones that connect with the mainbord "second page left side" to the connection CN401 should be just to unplug and the mainboard should still work?

If i manage to get rid of those cards then i can have the player in a Rosewood Cube that would be 20!! cm narrower and 2 cm higher compared to the original with a wall/top/bottom thickness of 2 cm all around.

If this turns out good i will then do my amp and riaa and finally my turntable.

As mentioned, this is my first post so i guess it's doomed that i put it in the wrong section or something.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Last edited:
It looks like it should work... surprisingly... because the front only seems to hold the display and keypad and appears not have the system control IC mounted there, as many players do.

Thank you Mooly for your input, This is what i was thinking as well.
I sadly don't have a remote at the moment so i have to wait to test until i buy a new one next week.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.