Serious bug on XMOS with Thesycon audio driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Old bug on XMOS with Thesycon audio driver

All brand of device using xmos with Thesycon audio driver should also have the same problem.

To reproduce the bug:
1) listening with a headphone
2) playback a song with piano solo(rock and roll mask the bug detail),,
3) use the mouse to move the windows volume control up and down several time very fast,
You will heard there is extra de.de..de... sound from the headphone during the fast change of volume up and down...

I am very interesting how many people have recognized this problem.
Actually, I have reported it to xmos and Thesycon two year ago but it seems still not fixed until today.

After my investigation, this problem is not related to XMOS but Thesycon,
But there are exception!
XMOS + free CEntrance demo driver = do not have this problem
XMOS + flashed with our customize bit perfect volume control firmware + Thesycon audio driver = do not have this problem

Although our customized bit perfect volume control firmware is immune from this bug and it can also do DSD volume control but it is using I2C command for volume control and it is specific to each DAC chip.
I still hope Thesycon can fix the problem asap so that all the other brand of xmos device's user can benefit.
But it's strange I also found some record do not have this problem, it seems a music frequency and pattern specific bug.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.