Modification of RME UCX - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 29th July 2015, 02:04 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
Default Modification of RME UCX

Hello guys,

as I think about modding my UCX, so I want to ask, if anybody has already tuned his interface successfully. What I’d like to reach is the last grain of more sound and less distortion. Doesn’t need to make much sense, it’s just DIY with a lot of fun to optimize good things
As I don’t need symmetric outputs I thought about bridging useless components, what takes me to the idea, that the best situation would be to make an optimum design behind the D/A-section. No idea, if anybody realised anything like this, but interfaces like the UCX are build so compressed, that it’s neither easy to change components within the existing design, nor to make an optimum environment for the new components i.e. opa’s. So I might change the coupling capacitor, the opa’s or design the best circuit…
I want to ask in the round, what others tried to optimize the performance. Which changes gave you the best experiences? Did anybody try a „big change“ like described above? Any other ideas for the UCX?

Best regards,

Hide this!Advertise here!