Modification of RME UCX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,

as I think about modding my UCX, so I want to ask, if anybody has already tuned his interface successfully. What I’d like to reach is the last grain of more sound and less distortion. Doesn’t need to make much sense, it’s just DIY with a lot of fun to optimize good things ;)
As I don’t need symmetric outputs I thought about bridging useless components, what takes me to the idea, that the best situation would be to make an optimum design behind the D/A-section. No idea, if anybody realised anything like this, but interfaces like the UCX are built so compressed, that it’s neither easy to change components within the existing design, nor to make an optimum environment for the new components i.e. opa’s. So I might change the coupling capacitor, the opa’s or design the best circuit…
I want to ask in the round, what others tried to optimize the performance. Which changes gave you the best experiences? Did anybody try a „big change“ like described above? Any other ideas for the UCX?

Best regards,

Stammheim

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.