The ultimate best I/V-stage.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am fiddling with a little project regarding a Marantz CD40, I2S connection and a newer DAC, and I really would like to know what is the BEST !!!! I/V-stage available....

Have anybody of You had the chance to listen to several of the "most accepted" sollutions at the same time/ in short period of time ?

As far as I can see one of the following may be my best bet:
-Jocko's I/V stage (or a version of this...)
-D1 I/V stage
-OP-Amp based on OPA627BU or similar.... ( something like the one on this page: http://www.diyhifi.dk/projekt2.html )
-LCAudios ZAPFilter MKII (I have one of this, and it sound's just marvelous !!!, but this one is already occopied in the player I use now :) , and I am kind of courious on trying something new...maybe even better !?)

The DAC in mind (PCM1730/PCM1794) don't like (I think!) passive I/V-stage approach....and tubes are out of the question......anyway for now !!

Regards
Lyra

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.