Help with Multi-cdrom controller

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After working hard for weeks, and of course with the help from a member of this forum, MCLL (he's a very kind person, thanks so much buddy), I've successfully built a cdrom controller using AT89C51 microcontroller. I got the PCB layout and the AT89C51's program from MCLL's website at http://hk.geocities.com/leo8597/. This controller can only handle one cdrom. What if I wanna control more than one cdrom, say 3 cdroms ? After power-on, it'll play audio-cd at 1st cdrom, and after finish playing it, continue to 2nd and then to 3rd. After finish playing the 3rd, repeat back to 1st cdrom and so on. If there's no cd at any of the cdroms, it'll skip the empty one and continue to the next cdrom. Any idea how to modify MCLL's cdrom controller to handle multi cdroms ? Please advice.Thanks.

lapda said:
After working hard for weeks, and of course with the help from a member of this forum, MCLL (he's a very kind person, thanks so much buddy), I've successfully built a cdrom controller using AT89C51 microcontroller. I got the PCB layout and the AT89C51's program from MCLL's website at http://hk.geocities.com/leo8597/. This controller can only handle one cdrom. What if I wanna control more than one cdrom, say 3 cdroms ? After power-on, it'll play audio-cd at 1st cdrom, and after finish playing it, continue to 2nd and then to 3rd. After finish playing the 3rd, repeat back to 1st cdrom and so on. If there's no cd at any of the cdroms, it'll skip the empty one and continue to the next cdrom. Any idea how to modify MCLL's cdrom controller to handle multi cdroms ? Please advice.Thanks.

Hi Lapda,
Nice to meet you here!:) :) :)
Let me explain my website (due to chinese version only, I hope I will tranlate it to english version asap ). I'm just modify a little programe of 'OnholdR2' such as change LCD display to like a CD Player, reassign port pins to add more three button for 'Next', 'Previous', 'Open' & 'Close' Function.

SCH

PCB

Source Code

BTW, I'm try to add Infrared Function....but still does not work.....Would you please somebody help me? Thanks all:D :D :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.