KSS151A...Laser replacement....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got an old beloved player with a tired laser.....it have lasted about 12-13 years now, and have just stopped to read TOC on some of mine CDR's (only the one's made with Musicmatch for now, but other players read it...)
CDRW's is totaly out of the question.
(don't know if it's suppose to/should read CDRW's)

The laser is a KSS151A made of Sony.

Does anybode have/ know where to get a spare one ?

Alternatively I could bye another player with "low mileage" with the same type of laser inside, but then I had to know witch one to pick. Preferably an "old" Sony maybe.
Have read somewhere on the net (Danish HiFi-forum I belive) that this Sony-laser have lasted "longer" in original Sony equipment. Don't know if this is true, but "no smoke without fire" or.... ???.
I know this laser have been used by TEAC, Aiwa, Akai, Denon, and some Sony models (and maybe others !?), but I don't know the specific models :bawling:

Suggestions with information on witch player uses this laser would be appreciated !:att'n:!

Regards
Lyra

alfsch said:
Hi,
kss151 is in wadia cdp :rolleyes:
and in sony cdp-228esd
a new is about 90 eu;
which type is your player?
did you test the laser power?
alf

Test the laser power?

Is that an easy task?

I have a beautifull old player with a very stable belt driven transport which is not functioning properly anymore. I suspect that the laser power has diminished and just put it in the attick thinking wheter it is worthwile sending it to a repair shop.

It has a SOAD70A laser if I recall and they are pretty expensive(154€+tax+transport+installation)

When searching for the KSS151A the number 884806401 keep turning up....!?:xeye:

A replacement i think, or maybe a new and better (?) version of the old one.

Anybody know the difference between theese ?
...or is KSS151A = 884806401 ?:confused:

If they where 100% the same, it is strange that they "all" say that KSS151A is out of stock, and can't be delivered...:confused:

All the best!
Lyra

Laser Sony KSS 151 fore Denon CD DCDS1

Hi
I have a very lovely CD player, a Denon S1. Its laser has gone and ans the HI-FI club in denmark say that they cant gt any replacements.
Does anyone know what to do, I vould really like it to be repared.
Cor

I got an old beloved player with a tired laser.....it have lasted about 12-13 years now, and have just stopped to read TOC on some of mine CDR's (only the one's made with Musicmatch for now, but other players read it...)
CDRW's is totaly out of the question.
(don't know if it's suppose to/should read CDRW's)

The laser is a KSS151A made of Sony.

Does anybode have/ know where to get a spare one ?

Alternatively I could bye another player with "low mileage" with the same type of laser inside, but then I had to know witch one to pick. Preferably an "old" Sony maybe.
Have read somewhere on the net (Danish HiFi-forum I belive) that this Sony-laser have lasted "longer" in original Sony equipment. Don't know if this is true, but "no smoke without fire" or.... ???.
I know this laser have been used by TEAC, Aiwa, Akai, Denon, and some Sony models (and maybe others !?), but I don't know the specific models :bawling:

Suggestions with information on witch player uses this laser would be appreciated !:att'n:!

Regards
Lyra

hi

i know its been a long time but did you get your cd player fixed laser pick up replaced?

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.