Transport screws....Marantz CD40

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi !
I just bought a used Marantz CD40 in germany that should contain a perfectly good CDM4 laser, and are about to get the player shipped home......
The player should be in very good condition, and should be a nice peace for som testing etc....

BUT....the seller don't have the transportation screws to this player :-(

First:
Do anybody preferably in Germany have such screws I can borrow , just for this one shipment ?
I can return the screws to you after use if wanted !
The only thing You have to do is sending an envelope containing the screws to an adress in Germany You get from me.

Second:
Anybodu know what kind of scews in question size/ lenght etc. maybe there could be bought something similar in a lokal hardware store ??

Third:
Is there another way to secure the laser from beeing damaged ???

Thanks in advance.
Lyra

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
These are special "keys" ( they don't even look like screws ) made in red plastic that can't be substituted for something else AFAIK.

Problem is that there are some variants of them and I really don't know by heart which type belongs to what cdplayer.

I think cd40 uses the short ones. Transport *with* the screws is preferred for avoiding damage to the laser. When not used the laserarm can swing freely. You can make some piece of carton for securing the laser but the screws are the best option when you consider the long way from Germany to Norway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.