Cambridge 340C Laser Pickup

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I've got the Cambridge 340C, it looks like the laser pickup is dying or near dead. Thought replacement would be straightforward, but:

- it is not obvious which pickup is used in this unit, thought it was a sony KSS213, but can't tell from looking at the pickup.

- removing it, isn't obvious either, any guidance here.

Thanks.

Mike

OK, concluded that something was amiss with the laser or it's circuit, so ordered a complete new unit from the suggested link above. B&D did not have this one.

One dumb question, I assume there is a solder bridge to open up on this Sanyo unit, correct? And if so, simply heat up with solder iron and use a solder sucker to open it up, not exactly sure where it is though.

Thanks.

Mike

She Makes Music!

OK, new pickup installed and she makes great music. I got the pick up on the sled with the motor drive, etc., easy install and it works great like 18 bucks.

Seems to sound better than before. Wondering if these things gradually fade away?

Anyhow, thanks for the help on this. Now that my confidence is up, I'm gonna try and replace the Sony pick on my old Adcom GCD 535, be nice to have this unit upstairs.

Thanks.

Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.