No sound Yamaha CD-S700 to DacMagic 100 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2015, 07:45 AM   #1
rabbitz is offline rabbitz  Australia
diyAudio Member

Question No sound Yamaha CD-S700 to DacMagic 100

I'm curious about the digital output (optical & coaxial) from a Yamaha CD-S700 as when hooked up to a Cambridge Audio DacMagic 100, there is no sound even though the correct sample rate lights up on the DAC indicating a locked signal. There is a direct mode on the CD-S700 that turns off the display and digital outputs and have that turned off but have tried both ways. There's no clues in the service manual and there's no menu in the player to play around with settings.

I did read a user on a Dutch site had a similar issue but there was no answer to his question.

The CD-S700 does digital output to my Yamaha AVR with no issues and all other equipment such as TV, CD players, DVD and BD work with the DacMagic 100.

The DAC will not be used with this CD player as was installed for other equipment but has me very curious as I thought digital outputs either optical or coaxial would be standardised.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CDS700_Dout.jpg (40.6 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by rabbitz; 3rd May 2015 at 07:58 AM.

Hide this!Advertise here!