USB Input for borked Classe CD/DVD-1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have one of these lying around that fails to read any discs past 30 minutes and uses the old infamous Philips VAL6011 transport connected to a servo board that has the Fururore chips that eventually goes faulty. The same transport mechanism and board used in the Philips SACD1000, MF Nu Vista KW and other similar then released timeframe Krell and Marantz units. There is no fix for these and so I'm wondering is there anyway I can add USB input and use it's onboard DAC? instead.

The onboard DAC is dual balanced PCM1794's (from top of my head) with an PMD200 digital filter for HDCD decoding.

Or better yet try and find another dvd reader and servo board that is closest in spec and algorithm and mod it to the player?

I know Alex from APL did USB input mods for customers with dead Philips SACD1000 units 10 years ago.

Can provide pics.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.