NAKAMICHI OMS 7 CD PLAYER DISC ERROR

HI Everyone, Recently I purchased a Nakamichi OMS 7 CD Player from the orginal owner who has never got it serviced since new, this is the orignal OMS 7 not the OMS 7II CD Player. The problem is that there I cannot see any light in the laser and its spins like mad when a cd is placed inside and after few seconds ejects it. No its not the belt underneath as I put the heat shrink on the motor pulley to get better traction also I noted that when you remove the belt and move the gears so the cd compartment is all the way back inside , install the belt with the cd still in place I can see that the cd spins slowly at first there is no light inside the laser head the whole laser assembly move forward toward the cd to come in the center of the cd and then its starts spinning like mad! and after few seconds it will eject the cd . I have tested all the mechanical switches and they tested ok as does the photo switch in the hole in the cd tray. There also a photo switch on the top which shows voltage of 1.1 v on diode setting on the digital meter with the cd player on, I dont know how to test this switch i have shorted it thinking if its not working and if you make a connection with two terminal with a short piece of wire it will make the circuit complete and have also placed a black piece of tape on the clear light sensing area of the photo switch none of these steps have helped solve the problem. I dont have the serivce manual the oms 7 but I do have the service manaul of the oms 7II how much is the difference circuit wise between these two players.

Can someone who had this same problem let me why is there is no light in the laser what to look for and what might be causing the problem mentioned above. All other functions appear to be working the display light up , it accept commands from the wireless remote, green light up in play and pause modes, you can forward the track number from to other numbers from the remote control but not from the buttons on the cd player itself, it in very good condition cosmetically and no one has ever worked on it. Also like to know what color of the light will be if we can get the laser to work again will it be red or green. My email to send copy of service manaul is salihingoro@gmail.com. Any kind help to get this great cd player working again will be GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANKS! Sikander

same issue

HI Everyone, Recently I purchased a Nakamichi OMS 7 CD Player from the orginal owner who has never got it serviced since new, this is the orignal OMS 7 not the OMS 7II CD Player. The problem is that there I cannot see any light in the laser and its spins like mad when a cd is placed inside and after few seconds ejects it. No its not the belt underneath as I put the heat shrink on the motor pulley to get better traction also I noted that when you remove the belt and move the gears so the cd compartment is all the way back inside , install the belt with the cd still in place I can see that the cd spins slowly at first there is no light inside the laser head the whole laser assembly move forward toward the cd to come in the center of the cd and then its starts spinning like mad! and after few seconds it will eject the cd . I have tested all the mechanical switches and they tested ok as does the photo switch in the hole in the cd tray. There also a photo switch on the top which shows voltage of 1.1 v on diode setting on the digital meter with the cd player on, I dont know how to test this switch i have shorted it thinking if its not working and if you make a connection with two terminal with a short piece of wire it will make the circuit complete and have also placed a black piece of tape on the clear light sensing area of the photo switch none of these steps have helped solve the problem. I dont have the serivce manual the oms 7 but I do have the service manaul of the oms 7II how much is the difference circuit wise between these two players.

Can someone who had this same problem let me why is there is no light in the laser what to look for and what might be causing the problem mentioned above. All other functions appear to be working the display light up , it accept commands from the wireless remote, green light up in play and pause modes, you can forward the track number from to other numbers from the remote control but not from the buttons on the cd player itself, it in very good condition cosmetically and no one has ever worked on it. Also like to know what color of the light will be if we can get the laser to work again will it be red or green. My email to send copy of service manaul is salihingoro@gmail.com. Any kind help to get this great cd player working again will be GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANKS! Sikander

It was very sad because my oms7 has the same problem. by the way service manual is available in the web.

Did you ever find a solution for your Nak CD player? I have the same player, with the same problem. It was working perfectly last time I used it some years ago, but now the disc does not read, and the CD just spins like crazy, and the player eject the disc after 10 seconds.. Any suggestions to a solution will be much apreciated. / jesper