Arcam Delta 170 CD Transport

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Does anybody what the crystal frequency of the Delta 170 Cd is?

The crystal is covered with heatshrink and I do not want to remove it unless absolutely necessary. As the SAA 7000 series chips are used I would guess the frequency to be 11.2896MHz, is this correct?

I am toying with the idea of upgrading the clock circuitry, hence the questions. Contacted Arcam directly but so far no joy.

A circuit diagram or even a manual would be much appreciated as I bought mine second hand and recieved only the transport and remote.

Thank you

CDM1 Spareparts

Hello

I take a chance here and direct myself to you Jean-Paul as I could not mail you I found an old thread where you said the following:

"Although I thought it was impossible it seems I found a source for lasers for the CDM 1. Waiting for their answer now. Their system says it is still in stock...
Jean-Paul "

What happend is a proud owner of a CD80 wondering ?

/ Per

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
From what I read in another thread CDM4/31 lasers should work in a CDM1 Mk II. I once replaced a worn out CDM 1 laser of a CD 880/882 for a CDM4/XX ( sorry I really forgot which one ) laser and it worked. I just looked in my small stock for one that looked like the CDM1 one and mounted it. Never had a good feeling about it but it worked like it should do.

As I am not really into CDM1 I am not *very* familiar with it so don't try this at home. My info is from quite some years ago and it would be a shame to damage your precious CDM4/XX because of my vague info ....

According to Bartek CDM 4/31 has the same laser as CDM1 Mk II. I can tell you I wrote that line down !!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.