Improving CD67's regulators?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
After much reading I'm contemplating on whether or not there is anything to be gained by replacing all three of my CD67s voltage regulators. I'm looking at replacing my 7805 with a clone of the LM317 Andrew Weeks illustrated on the acoustic.org.uk CD63 clock hack. After that I'd like to replace the 78M12/79M12 with a similar LM317/LM337 combo. Included below is all the necessary schematics for clarity's sake.

Regards,
Dan

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
I'm not going to do the clock hack itself because I already have a Kwak Clock v7 installed. I'm looking at borrowing ALW's LM317 idea and applying it to my 7805. I like the idea of improving all three of my 'on board' regulators for the sake of simplicity. If I can show a 'gain' with a few simple parts I think it would be a great contribution to DIY'ers like myself. The one's with modest skills and a modest budget.

Regards,
Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.