DAC7 opamps and dc supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bumped my voltage up to 14v for my op amps, by the way...
Had some opa627 biased a bit along with lme49720 on the servo, and worked great, then I found some discrete op amps.
It may also help to run a jumper from the power pins of the op amps to the 47uf capacitor that feeds it, made a big difference with the discrete modules anyways.

I share this opinion and I'd like bring an precision:
I preconize the LME 49720HA dual OpAmp because it seems to me this aluminium shield do it a better magnetic field protection and higher definition throughout the spectrum.

I have the following opamps with me. NE5532, OPA2134, LME49720, JRC2114, JRC2068, TL072 and a few more. I spent a lot of time today rolling chips in the DAC7 . I found the best overall was using Texas NE5532 in all 3 op amp sockets. The sound is punchy, deep and very good in vocals and HF. LME seems to be slightly more refined in the mids and Hf but it lost all the 'weight'. Sounds lifeless ! With the Texas NE5532 it sounds alive and has a foot tapping quality which I think is due to the the proper reproduction of transients and the LF fundamental content of the signal.
Sounds very nice now.
It is however ruined by the noisy 'ssshhh' sound you get if you skip tracks and when the disc starts. It's momentary and occurs only when the player function is changed or disc started. I haven't looked into that yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.