Newbie questions about DAC
Hello, I'm a really a newbie in electronics. I'm eager to build a DAC but don't know exactly about it. Would anybody please help me with these few questions :
1. Is it true that DAC is a digital amplifier and better in audio quality than analog amplifier ?
2. I have 52x ASUS CD-ROM with digital audio connector at the back of it (the one with DO and G labels). Can I connect a DAC to this CDROM ?
3. If I use DAC, do I still need pre-amp and poweramp ?
4. I've searched this forum and often found the words TDA1541 and TDA1543. Are these somekind of DAC kit or just one of the components to build DAC ?
5. After searching this forum, I found a few links to DAC design http://www.quadesl.com/dac.shtml and http://www.sound.westhost.com/project85.htm, but they're so complex and difficult for me to understand it. Is there any DAC design which is simple and easy to build, perhaps with the PCB layout ?
Thank you very much.
You need drivecontrol like: PLAY, STOP, FF etc.
smth about "CD drive based on a computer CDROM" is here:
For real music:) you need good DAC which changes digital data format(s/pdif from cdrom) to analg sound(ears friendly:).
for example, high quality and not very complicated DAC is here:
good luck :)
|All times are GMT. The time now is 06:50 AM.|
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio