kwak clock installation in CD6000 OSE help ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hai .........

I've just installed a kwak clock ( not sure which version ) to my CD6000 OSE CDP directly to the point the input leg of the crystal used to be.

And it's working fine.

I've noticed there is a 1M resistor in parallel to the XTin and Xtout and a 220 resistor in series to the xtout .

The Audiocomm website instructs removing all of these componets for their clock.
Trichord also instructs the same method.

LCAudio on the other hand dont(direct drop in as I've done).They don't remove these components.

Mr kwak on this kwak7 clock design has stated to follow the audiocomm or LC audio installation method .

Well the LCaudio method on my CDP works well , but I'm sure there is a reason why audiocom install theirs in such a way.

Maybe this 1M resistors would intefere with the generated pulses and degrade the clock performance ... just guessing ??

Pls let me know what to do and which method to follow and i'm sure a lot of ppl have faced these during their clock upgrade.

Any reply is much appreciated.
Thanx friends ......

digitaldiablo said:
hai .........

I've just installed a kwak clock ( not sure which version ) to my CD6000 OSE CDP directly to the point the input leg of the crystal used to be.

And it's working fine.

I've noticed there is a 1M resistor in parallel to the XTin and Xtout and a 220 resistor in series to the xtout .

The Audiocomm website instructs removing all of these componets for their clock.
Trichord also instructs the same method.

LCAudio on the other hand dont(direct drop in as I've done).They don't remove these components.

Mr kwak on this kwak7 clock design has stated to follow the audiocomm or LC audio installation method .

Well the LCaudio method on my CDP works well , but I'm sure there is a reason why audiocom install theirs in such a way.

Maybe this 1M resistors would intefere with the generated pulses and degrade the clock performance ... just guessing ??

Pls let me know what to do and which method to follow and i'm sure a lot of ppl have faced these during their clock upgrade.

Any reply is much appreciated.
Thanx friends ......

Hi digitaldiablo,
I usually advice to remove the high value resistor // the crystal.
A more political correct answer, to please Jean-Paul, would be: if the CD gets crazy, remove the 1M resitor too. In the Philips players I was/am using I removed the resistor. It seems for the Tent clock the resistor has to be kept in place.
I hope this helps.
:cool:

hai mr kwak ....
thanx for ur reply .....
my player is working allrite ... nothing crazy ....:)
in fact the sound is much clearer with the treble and midband being more "real" .

But i feel the bass is shadowed by these .... that's the reason i thought maybe that particular high value resistor ( 1M ) in parallel to the crystal could be messing things up.

since everything's all rite now..... should i just leave or try removing it ..... would removing it effect the operation of the clock ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.