who can sent me the non-os pcm63 Schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
But the sound is not like you say

rfbrw said:
Bits 8 to 27 are for audio data. Bits 4 to 7 can be for audio data. The CS841x series can pass up to 24 bit data. The idea that the CS841x rx's turn everthing into 16 bit is complete rubbish.
BTW indeterminate does mean random. It means unknown.
I have tryed the CS8414+AD1865, the sound is good, it has no cacophony, AN's DAC also use it. If like you say, the sound wound must have a little noise background that can be heard when the music is on, but it really haven't even a little noise.Next month I will try CS8413 for PCM63, I want to use deed to prove it. BTW, it's my fault that I have said CS8411/4 can't support 20bit output formart, I just want to say they can't support 20bit right-justified output formart.
To Blitz, some set of your circuit diagram(CS8414+AD1865) is wrong, you must set CS8414 to 18bit right-justified output formart or you will hear very big noise.

Re: But the sound is not like you say

Since I never made any comment about the sound I'll assume that the reference to sound was meant for someone else. As for the rest

To Blitz, some set of your circuit diagram(CS8414+AD1865) is wrong, you must set CS8414 to 18bit right-justified output formart or you will hear very big noise.

You should read the schematic more carefully. The CS8414 IS to 18 bits. The pin numbers are correct but the M0 and M1 text on the schematic is reversed.

The TDA154x designs have an advantage over these simpler AD and PCM designs in that they do not suffer from an interchannel delay.

Re: Re: But the sound is not like you say

rfbrw said:
Since I never made any comment about the sound I'll assume that the reference to sound was meant for someone else. As for the rest

You should read the schematic more carefully. The CS8414 IS to 18 bits. The pin numbers are correct but the M0 and M1 text on the schematic is reversed.

The TDA154x designs have an advantage over these simpler AD and PCM designs in that they do not suffer from an interchannel delay.
Yes, the M1 and M0 is reversed, which is also a fault and anyone who analyzes the schematic will belive that the principle is wrong. Interchannel delay is not a big problem, but if no delay the sound should better.
If the last 2 bits are indeterminate, that to say they wouldn't last '1' or '0', so you will hear the noise. I am sure if use CS8413 for PCM63, the sound also wouldn't have this noise, so you needn't to tie off the last 4bits which only make trouble for yourself.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.