Replace transport in Krell SACD with one from SACD-1000

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Krell SACD Standard that has a faulty mono board (the well-known Furore <-> SDRAM issue).

I would like to swap the transport from a perfectly working Philips SACD-1000 which I also have. Does anyone know whether this is possible?

When I place the transport from the SACD-1000 into the Krell, it searches for a DAC using I2C. However, the DACs present in the Krell do not have I2C. So, this generates an error.

Should this be disabled somewhere on the mono board (ie, in the settings)?

It seems that there is software on the monoboard that is customizable. When I put the Krell transport including the monoboard inside the Philips, it is also not able to find the i2c extender on the DAC board. When I check out the i2c extender, they appear to be on a different address. So, the software on the monoboard that searches for this part is different.

Next question: is there a way to transfer the software from the Krell monoboard to the Philips. Or, should I search for someone who is able to replace the Furore IC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.