Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th March 2010, 04:19 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Yes,i tried to replace a KSS-213 VS with KSS 213-V and dont work.Know someone why?The cd start rotating about 3 seconds and stop,then the display shows "no cd".Maybe the new laser is broken but the same problem exists and with the pld laser KSS 213 VS.Some experience with this problem?tnx
Old 24th March 2010, 11:29 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcl.ear View Post
My CD player uses KSS-213C laser, and I have also tested KSS-213B just to get simmilar results(sound,playability,etc).

A local supplier told me that whichever laser from the KSS-213 family could be replaced for any of that same number... and that the letter aside the 213 means that the higher the word(closer to Z), then the more versatile the laser; allowing for more accurate reading of different brands of CD media. He also pointed out that newer portable, rugged CD players commonly use higher word coding lasers.

After thorough web search(Google, Copernic, Sony's site), I found very little info and no specification whatsoever...
I did found the KSS-213F that comes with a nice dust protection cap and also saw the existence of KSS-213V.

Recently, an electronic tech who does repairs, told me that KSS-213B was the best of the whole lot and that some KSSs could not be used in disrespective machines...

Any better clue?

Thanks
check out this thread:
Sony KSS213C
Old 1st September 2012, 02:42 AM   #13
Mulato is offline Mulato  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Ho there , can anyone tell me witch mechanism cd slot in the kss 213q uses ?

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!