Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Recommend an old CD player with very good transport?
Recommend an old CD player with very good transport?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 30th November 2017, 03:12 PM   #31
Henderson is offline Henderson
Banned

yep, thanks.

I meant, reading error & extrapolation circuit correction causes problems, time error comes from the correction circuit during the process cause it is creating iiregularity on the clock signal, i.e. jitter which can be heard : less quiete background, a little more sort of brightness in the top end. Buffer and/or fifo changes not that and it can be heard in a cd player.

Pioneer inversed platin and old Philips are excellent advices from people whom have tried. I add some should putt better parts on the spidf signal an match the impedance too (avoid rca jacket & plug)

Last edited by Henderson; 30th November 2017 at 03:14 PM.
Old 30th November 2017, 03:39 PM   #32
NATDBERG is offline NATDBERG  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoopoo999 View Post
If you want the exact pioneer that goldmund used it is the DV-588A, it has additional regulators not found on dv-300

Click the image to open in full size.

I have the DV-588A, its nothing special. These dvd based players never sound good to my ears
Hey - I know it's off topic - the box underneath, looks like a project you've made. Where did you source the knob you have on it? I wanted to find one like a Pass Labs knob, brushed finish, but haven't found any available seperately yet.

Thanks in advance for a reply!

Recommend an old CD player with very good transport?Hide this!Advertise here!