Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Recommend an old CD player with very good transport?
Recommend an old CD player with very good transport?
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th November 2017, 03:00 PM   #21
apoopoo999 is offline apoopoo999  United States
diyAudio Member

I have a friend who works in shanghai, Ill see if he can bring back some of the top plates and pucks when he comes back to the states for the holidays.
Old 29th November 2017, 03:03 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salar View Post
@icsazar to my knowledge not yet. Would like to develop one, but my
technical abilities are zero.

@apoopoo999
Thanks a lot for the links (in my browser they are displayed as question marks)
but online translation does not work, the text is not displayed.
Sorry Salar I didnt see your message until now, if you are still interested goto the Taobao website and search for CDM4
Old 29th November 2017, 08:33 PM   #23
BillWojo is offline BillWojo  United States
diyAudio Member

I see that they sell complete cases with cutouts for displays and switches. Do you know if there is a complete "kit"? All the associated electronics that need to be added to a basic transport mechanism is beyond my capabilities. I could probably figure out some nice low noise linear PS with a little help but all the digital controls and readouts is going to be a problem.
Maybe there is a good build thread some where?
Thanks

BillWojo
Old 30th November 2017, 12:31 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWojo View Post
I see that they sell complete cases with cutouts for displays and switches. Do you know if there is a complete "kit"? All the associated electronics that need to be added to a basic transport mechanism is beyond my capabilities. I could probably figure out some nice low noise linear PS with a little help but all the digital controls and readouts is going to be a problem.
Maybe there is a good build thread some where?
Thanks

BillWojo
Dont buy the complete chassis, you will need to find the specific electronics to work with that chassis which is not easy to find and the philips board will never fit in those chinese chassis. Easiest thing to do is buy a complete working CDM4 philips player with a remote control. Make a chassis that will fit the philips main board. Mount the laser mech to the top plate and extend the IR diode to the front of the chassis and you can control everything via remote. If you really need the lcd display you will have to cut a window in your chassis for it.
Old 30th November 2017, 12:49 AM   #25
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Sony 50ES

//
Old 30th November 2017, 01:56 AM   #26
gadut is offline gadut  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

pioneer dv-300 which is used by goldmund, look at lampizator post

goldmundizator

I have got pioneer dv-355 for $40 last month and it's stock spdif coaxial is much better than my modded qls qa-550.

now i'm still waiting for dv-300 if i'm lucky enough and copy lampizator mod, because dv-355 has different chip and not possible to trace
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171116_202925.jpg (526.2 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by gadut; 30th November 2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 30th November 2017, 03:13 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadut View Post
pioneer dv-300 which is used by goldmund, look at lampizator post

goldmundizator

I have got pioneer dv-355 for $40 last month and it's stock spdif coaxial is much better than my modded qls qa-550.

now i'm still waiting for dv-300 if i'm lucky enough and copy lampizator mod, because dv-355 has different chip and not possible to trace

If you want the exact pioneer that goldmund used it is the DV-588A, it has additional regulators not found on dv-300

Click the image to open in full size.

I have the DV-588A, its nothing special. These dvd based players never sound good to my ears

Last edited by apoopoo999; 30th November 2017 at 03:21 AM.
Old 30th November 2017, 04:56 AM   #28
gadut is offline gadut  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by apoopoo999 View Post
If you want the exact pioneer that goldmund used it is the DV-588A, it has additional regulators not found on dv-300

I have the DV-588A, its nothing special. These dvd based players never sound good to my ears
this mod is just for fun, i want to try spdif mod which is not seem possible on dv-355

for serious build, i have tentlabs cdpro kit reclock which is still on progress
Old 30th November 2017, 02:49 PM   #29
Henderson is online now Henderson
diyAudio Member

Pioneer PDS06 & alike (strong stability= less correction error circuity = less jitter)
Old Philips as well as said above.
Old 30th November 2017, 02:57 PM   #30
TNT is offline TNT  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henderson View Post
Pioneer PDS06 & alike (strong stability= less correction error circuity = less jitter)
Old Philips as well as said above.
If you mean jitter on the bit-flow signal to be digital-to-analog converted, you are wrong. There is a buffer (memory) which every red word from the disc is written to before it is fed the D/A chip and the buffer is big enough to fit a number of samples. Jitter is a timing error in the D/A process that is of a fraction of the sample speed and is easily eaten by the buffer. It is caused by an inferior clock/oscillator. This is just an old misconception. Maybe a confusion with "jitter" in the laser/pit/disc reading process which has nothing to do with D/A conversion precision - these 2 are vastly different and shall not be mixed up.

//

Recommend an old CD player with very good transport?Hide this!Advertise here!