Marantz CD67SE with Focus Error

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all--
I have a Marantz CD 67SE with a problem. It will load a disc and display the TOC, however when I hit PLAY the display comes up with the total tracks and total play time but does not play. I have run thru the Service Mode's and come up with an Err 02, FOCUS error. Is this a complete laser replacement or is there something simpler going on?

Disabled Account
Joined 2014
If it displays TOC and a track list, then a new laser maynot be needed as it has found focus!!

With the lid off, you need to check the focus operation ie does the laser go up and down when the player is powered on?

With a disc in, does it spin properly and freely.

In service mode, does the laser track in and out?

Kevin

Kevin, he laser does go up and down when powered on. With a disc in, the player spins up then stops. When PLAY is pushed the disc spins for a couple seconds then stops. Service Mode is confusing to me: First the directions I have say to press CUE and REVIEW in Mode 0 to activate the sled. I have no idea what those two buttons are. My player does not have either button. In Mode 1, the laser repeatedly moves up and down. In Mode 2, the spindle is on spinning at a consistent rate. In Mode 3 the laser moves to its far reach while repeatedly moving up and down. The spindle is spinning but at an irregular rate, that is, it seems to hesitate at points. I would hate to have to replace everything as JonSnell recommends.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.