Teac T1 gear problem .. yet again

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello T1 gear victims both past & present

Previously posted below in original thread which has been inactive for months .. so trying again with new one .. in the hope that there are still members about who still have some pictures of position for reassembly. Update .. part arrived today and fairly priced.

**** Getting the thread back to Teac T1 broken gears ... my T1 has just shredded it's 2 step gear.
Ordered part from Germany so fingers crossed that it arrives next week.

Thanks to the previous posts on problem ... I've got the mechanism out of the unit and removed loading tray which was a 4 handed job.

Only problem .. is that my 'helper' decided to turn the black loading tray gear wheel whilst I was getting my camera to photo position of gear after carefully removing tray.
So obviously I have no idea of it's correct position.

There is a small hole in the gear which I assume is for setting the timing position.
Any ideas if that's what it's for.

I recall years ago setting camshaft timing marks on quad cam Cosworth engine so camshafts properly positioned before fitting chain .... as trial and error method would have been potentially disasterous!
I assume that similar for tray gear as Teac surely don't have a "guess, hope & pray" assembly line procedure.

If it is trial & error set up then it's "50 lashes and a keel hauling" for the 'helper'.
Hoping that someone can point me in the right direction so that he's spared that fate! ****

If no one has timing details which is best way to move the wire clip which locks tray release tab. Struggled with, it which is why it was a 4 handed job to depress both LH & RH tabs and remove tray
Seem to think that I’m missing the wood as the tress are in the way! on this one ...must be a simple way!

david

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.