coupling caps TDA1543

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes I saw that to but they were talking about Mundorf supreme oil. and Siemens epcos motor run if I remember right- first I replied with thanks and than I went reading it- my second thought was to try 4,7uF like in Nonoz III.
Also I have looked in some Auricap's Metallized Polypropylene - they are not so expensive (9$ on parts connexion) and maybe better than BG's?
I haven't tried non of them out and I am trying to save my money not buying what will not sound right. I know BG's are good but maybe this is better?
Or something else what could be found on Parts connexion for a reasonable price..... (I will order some parts from there so either it will be BG's or something else):)
daniel

Peter Daniel
Where did You buy those MKV's- I saw that You used them ever since You made Your TDA1543 dac.....

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
IIRC I have some 22 uF 600 V MKV ( oil filled with the M10 or 12 bolt ) and although they are very good in speakers it never came into my mind to use them in a DAC. I will try them once, only problem is that that they are like a cola can scaled down 1:1.5.

I have had good results with the blue Siemens 2.2 uF MKT ( 5 mm pitch ) too. My problem is that I want best value for money so trying real expensive caps is something my brain can not compute ;)

jean-paul said:
My problem is that I want best value for money so trying real expensive caps is something my brain can not compute ;)

I was comparing those Siemens caps with MIT RTX polystyrenes with silver foil bypasses (on MIT), which approx comes to at least $50-60 per side and MKV where my preferrence (and I paid $8 a pc);). I have a similar opinion on Hovlands and Jensens. They just add coloration and sonic euphoria, but are far from neutral. Siemens caps seem not to posses any strong signatures and I found them especially good in tweater crossovers.

I didn't like them completely right from the beginning, but after using for a while and switching with other exotic caps, I came to conclusion that this is it.;)

Audionote Paper in Oil Copper Foil

Hi,
I am am using the Audionotes as in the title. They are expensive too but I liked them more than the Multicap RTX105K1R.
The latter gave a kind of vague stereo image.
Most other caps I did try "ring" like hell to my ears. Very weird phenomenon as I don't see it on the scope.
I will try the Epcos/Siemens MKV's too, later.:cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.