Electromagnetic Influence

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:eek:

I have just learnt a big lesson in the effect of LF EM waves. Trying to improve the power supply of a Swissonic ADC (seems very well designed), I was getting some very shrill sounds when I added decoupling capacitors to the analogue and digital rails. Replacing the wall plug with a substantial toroid made matters worse.

By accident, I had switched on a LF EMC detector and found moderate readings close to my ADC and DAC which had their seperate transformers placed some 10cm from the edge of their boxes.

Moving these away until I couldn't get a reading restored sonics to normality and I am most annoyed as I now need to spend several days evaluating the PS again!

The whole situation is reproducible:smash:

Does anyone else have the same experinece? It seems that my transformers need to be at least 20-30 cm away from the boxes!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.