Please help, Marant CD80 is not working properly!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help me to sort out the problem.

The CD plays the first 2 or 3 tracks is fine, after that the sound distorted and crakled. I try to press the next track and it stops playing.

I have changed all elc caps, new opams and also new clock and a seperate clock's PSU. However, it can not work properly as I mentioned above.

Many thanks in advance.

chlo.:confused:

This is a CDM1mkII unit, according to the list. As such, there is NO doubt that the tracking radial motor is perfectly fine, as long as there is no physical interference with the ribbon cable from it. The ONLY mech issue these ever have is wear of the upper disc clamper "bearing" plate, but this does not sound like the problem. Make SURE you replaced the 33uf blue axial elec cap with the same value(nichicon, for reliabity's sake) very near the main servo chips. If this has been done, then it sounds to me like you just need to do a proper job of adjusting the running laser current. This assumes that the new clock & etc. you installed are operating correctly, of course. You need to do the laser current on a variety of cd's & cd'r's, to get best compromise range, or it will not play discs consistently well.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.