PCM1794A VS ES9023 VS WM8741 ???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All of them are good. The ESS9023 seems to has easiest application but with still very good sound. PCM1794 will be the most demanding in applications, but you'll have lot of possibilites. I had never listen to WM8741 but datasheet looks promising and may fit bery nice with the reciever...

Find some sample application and then select the IC according to it..

All of them are good. The ESS9023 seems to has easiest application but with still very good sound. PCM1794 will be the most demanding in applications, but you'll have lot of possibilites. I had never listen to WM8741 but datasheet looks promising and may fit bery nice with the reciever...

Find some sample application and then select the IC according to it..

Thanks

1794 It is. I plan on using the following circuit you can see in the attachments.

Attachments

• 1794 output.jpg
    1794 output.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 508
The opa1632 works really well as I/V in this situation (they were already used years ago by Bel Canto for that role). But...

* +/-12V is a bit too high, this chip runs very hot. You can keep it at +/-9V.
* you shouldn't ground VCOM. Doing that will keep the outputs at 0V but raises the inputs DC offset by the DAC current offset multiplied by the I/V resistors value. It's bad because the protection diodes internal to the dac start conducting, raising distortion. You need to feed a negative voltage reference (or a servo) to vcom to null the offset at the input. This will introduce offset at the output, but it will be nulled by the differential receiver.

edit: the other option being to null the DAC current offset with CCS.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.