Wiring high Watt sub woofers into home audio systems.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is the deal. I hope/plan to wire 2 300 watt subwoofers int o my home stereo reciever which to the best of my knowledge, can only support 100 watt's per channel. Is this possible at all? Is there something I could do using a combination of a power supply my reciever and a car audio amplifier? HELP PLEASE!??!

Its OK

Just do it. Its just that you will never blow the subs because you will not be able to over power them. The reason I say it is OK is that the issue here is that the woofers can handle 300 Watts. However, with a 100 W amp all it means is that you will get the audio output of a 100 W amp. The speakers will NOT try to suck 300W from the amp and blow it.

Also, with subs, don't accept the story about under powering being just as bad as over powering. That only applies to mid and high frequency drivers. As long as the impedance of the woofers is an impedance your amplifier can handle.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.