Rotel RCD 855 - CDM 4/19 Replacement - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd April 2014, 03:44 PM   #1
heybobo is offline heybobo  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Rotel RCD 855 - CDM 4/19 Replacement

Hello,

I am into replacing the CDM 4/19 transport/laser assembly in a Rotel RCD 855 and have a couple of questions:

1. What is the proper procedure for separating the 14 pin foil connector from the pcb mounted jack (E101)?

2. I've seen reference to setting current to the laser by adjusting the voltage measured between test points to 50 mV. Can anyone comment on the proper procedure to accomplish this? Location of the test points? Which pot to use to do this? There are two pots, one of which (R108) is accessible, to the left of the transport, with the transport mounted on the pcb. The other pot (R129) is near the front of the board but is beneath the transport and is only accessible from underneath with the transport mounted on the board.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially about adjusting the pots. Also, are there other mods or refurbishments recommended while I'm under the hood?

Thanks and Regards,

RC
Old 6th April 2014, 10:56 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Ivo-Cici Send a message via Skype™ to Ivo-Cici
Quote:
Originally Posted by heybobo View Post
Hello,

I am into replacing the CDM 4/19 transport/laser assembly in a Rotel RCD 855 and have a couple of questions:

1. What is the proper procedure for separating the 14 pin foil connector from the pcb mounted jack (E101)?

2. I've seen reference to setting current to the laser by adjusting the voltage measured between test points to 50 mV. Can anyone comment on the proper procedure to accomplish this? Location of the test points? Which pot to use to do this? There are two pots, one of which (R108) is accessible, to the left of the transport, with the transport mounted on the pcb. The other pot (R129) is near the front of the board but is beneath the transport and is only accessible from underneath with the transport mounted on the board.

Any help would be much appreciated, especially about adjusting the pots. Also, are there other mods or refurbishments recommended while I'm under the hood?

Thanks and Regards,

RC
Hi
According my srv/man. R129 (22K) foc. R108 (6K8) Laser supply..
And have fun...
regards
Cici-Ivo

Hide this!Advertise here!