Problems USB DAC with 64 bit Win 7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having problems with an HRT streamer II USB DAC on a Dell T3500 running 64bit windows 7. I had been using the HRT streamer II on a Dell Vostro running 32bit Windows 7 for several years with no problems. Recently the Vostro motherboard died and the HRT streamer II was moved to the T3500. Now there is intermittent clicking sounds through the HRT streamer II DAC running on the T3500. Anyone have some experience with the HRT streamer II running on a 64 bit system?

Don Clement

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Could it be the USB implementation in the PC? I once had a problem with clicking sounds when using a MiniDSP USBStreamer. The reason turned out to be that I had connected the USBStreamer through a USB hub. When I connected it directly to the USB port on the PC the problem was solved.
I think that some PC's use internal USB hubs to increase the number of USB ports. Could that be the case here?

there's pretty much possibility..it might be the software, hardware, or even both..dis you use 16/44.1 output?..try to change it around and let's see if it's gone or not..sometimes DirectSound caused this :(

and try to change the USB port like JensH stated.it might be an internal Hub.Hub means longer path which can leads to a bigger latency or even interferences.

i posted to this thread twice from tapatalk but none of them appeared :scratch:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.