Help : Marantz CD52 HF signal to SAA7310 <1Vp-p

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hoping someone can help me on this. After doing some mod on the PCB(mainly change cap, add ceramic 0.1uf, change rectifier diode), Power it on, player is working except no audio output.
TOC read, able to play track to track but just no data at the I2S data output. Th Bit clock and LR clock seem fine.

After troubleshooting, found that the HF signal from TDA8808 going into SAA7310 shows very small amplitude < 1V not the usual RF signal
Thinking of adjust the Laser power and the focus offset. But hope someone can shed some light before i touches them.

Tan

HF is fine

HF is about 1.8Vp-p.
a) Active low Mute pin of SAA7310 is high during normal playback
b) Active low AM pin of SAA7310 is high
c) Kill signal that does the muting at output stage and microcontroller reset is around -8V
d) Between Test point 1 and 2 is 39mVdc
e) Test point 27 is 280mV

Disc is spining alright going track to track but no I2S data output(0V) . Anybody no what EFAB output for? cause it is @ 5V. What else can go wrong?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.