Valid Kid-Proofing Strategy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been thinking that I'd be less ticked off if my kid snapped the drawer mechanism of a cheap DVD player (with a digital coaxial output), than I would be if this type of accident happened to an Arcam Diva I paid $999 for...

Hence I've been investing in outboard DIP and DAC, figuring the player part becomes less of a factor, as jitter and DAC get cleaned up via outboard processing components. Maybe it's true that as of late, most ANY DVD player can read a plain audio CD and provide a bit stream that's "fully" recoverable.

Do you think this is a good strategy? Let's not digress into a discussion of parenting styles and dicipline techniques. Please keep it "technical and electronics".

Best Regards,

any strategy that justifies building more stuff, is probably going to be popular hereabouts.

you could also put stuff behind a nice glass case. use a top-loader and you don't have to worry about the disc tray hitting the glass.

/andrew - whose strategy includes twine. and not opening the cabinet while the little princess is around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.