Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Problem with an Advance Acoustics MCD-203 CD-player
Problem with an Advance Acoustics MCD-203 CD-player
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2014, 10:14 PM   #1
seppoa is offline seppoa  Sweden
diyAudio Member

Default Problem with an Advance Acoustics MCD-203 CD-player

Hello all,

Ive got an Advance Acoustics CD player type MCD-203. It is a well built player, with an analog output with tubes, designed in France and built in China. But the digital board, with the DAC and drive electronics seem to be very cheap, of the kind in cheap DVD-players, but this board dont have the components for the video signals equipped.

My problem is that there is a noise in the output when the mute disengages, regardless of signal when playing or in pause. The noise is maybe -40 dB, havnt had the possibility to measure it yet.

The DAC is an AD1853, and the electronics are of the type with a buffer, so the disc is spinned faster than a normal CD-player. At the moment Ive no access to my osciloscope, so I want to ask, if anybody may have an answer to what may cause the noise. I have reflowed the dac and main IC type MT1389QE. Maybe the buffer memory, a K4S641632H can cause this problem?

So if anybody can have a clue or answer, Id be very grateful. I have a good knowledge of electronics, and access to all needed tools at work, but dont want to start doing the faultfinding at my work, if you understand.

Thanks in advance,
Seppo from Sweden.
Old 11th July 2018, 12:41 PM   #2
Family of Dog is offline Family of Dog
diyAudio Member

Hello,
I know it's an old thread, but I can still help.
As an official service engineer for major brands (Advance Acoustic also) I got some service hints from the manifacturer.
Replace R39 and R41 on the digital board by 10 ohm SMD resistors.
I attached a picture to make it easier.
The noise should be much lower.
Hope it helps!
Greetings,
Wim
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180711_143556.jpg (400.1 KB, 15 views)

Problem with an Advance Acoustics MCD-203 CD-playerHide this!Advertise here!