Problem with an Advance Acoustics MCD-203 CD-player

Hello all,

I´ve got an Advance Acoustics CD player type MCD-203. It is a well built player, with an analog output with tubes, designed in France and built in China. But the digital board, with the DAC and drive electronics seem to be very cheap, of the kind in cheap DVD-players, but this board don´t have the components for the video signals equipped.

My problem is that there is a noise in the output when the mute disengages, regardless of signal when playing or in pause. The noise is maybe -40 dB, havn´t had the possibility to measure it yet.

The DAC is an AD1853, and the electronics are of the type with a buffer, so the disc is spinned faster than a normal CD-player. At the moment I´ve no access to my osciloscope, so I want to ask, if anybody may have an answer to what may cause the noise. I have reflowed the dac and main IC type MT1389QE. Maybe the buffer memory, a K4S641632H can cause this problem?

So if anybody can have a clue or answer, I´d be very grateful. I have a good knowledge of electronics, and access to all needed tools at work, but don´t want to start doing the faultfinding at my work, if you understand.

Thanks in advance,
Seppo from Sweden.

Hello,
I know it's an old thread, but I can still help.
As an official service engineer for major brands (Advance Acoustic also) I got some service hints from the manifacturer.
Replace R39 and R41 on the digital board by 10 ohm SMD resistors.
I attached a picture to make it easier.
The noise should be much lower.
Hope it helps!
Greetings,
Wim

Attachments

• IMG_20180711_143556.jpg
    IMG_20180711_143556.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 1 user
Advance Acoustics MCD 203 MK2

Hello,
i need help regarding CD player mentioned (Advanced Acoustics MCD 203 MK2), it didn't came with remote control, nor did i found on internet, can anybody guide me where can i find ccf or ir codes for same.

It will be of great help,

Mukesh

Hello, I have an Advance Acoustic MCD-204 CD player. His problem is that when he presses the POWER button he no longer enters the start sequence, display is dead (does not display anything) and does not take any command (PLAY, NEXT/PREVIOUS, EJECT, etc). The lamps inside become incandescent which makes me think that the audio part is powered but the control and display part does not work. Do you have any idea what the problem is? Thanks!