Audiocom Clock 1.2.1 - worth £60? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2003, 01:55 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Audiocom Clock 1.2.1 - worth £60?

Soemone is selling this clock for £60 on ebay. Is it worthwhile buying?
Old 27th December 2003, 06:24 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default KC-7

Hi,

It's not bad, but the Kwak Clock 7 is much better and cheaper!

Best regards,

Audiofanatic
Old 27th December 2003, 11:00 PM   #3
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Guido T.'s DIY XO is cheaper, better and more fun....
Old 27th December 2003, 11:56 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default Clocks I still hear them tikking!

Hi Jean-Paul,

Are you by any chance pre biased?

I have to say that I've try most XO's and the best ones are the KC-7 and Guido's XO2.
The XO2 and the KC-7 are different but not better than the otherone.

Within a few weeks, I'll put on this forum my findings regarding the Tent XO2.
But to tell you right now what I've seen and heard...............
Wel, the Tent XO2 is not better or worse than the KC-7. It's like saying that a porsche is better than a Lexus; I would say that the Lexus is better cause I use to be a good/one of the best enging technician in Holland, I'm now unemployed due to a n accident, and have worked on both of them a lot. So I know what I'm talking about. Lexus is better! but not faster! Till the next post.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic
Old 28th December 2003, 07:07 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Clocks I still hear them tikking!

I have to say that I've try most XO's and the best ones are the KC-7 and Guido's XO2.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think he is biased. As I have posted before, it should NOT be assumed that the clock is the only variable. The result, sonically or otherwise, depends on the unit in which it is tested in and its components. Also haow and where you take supply from.
Old 28th December 2003, 07:24 AM   #6
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Re: Clocks I still hear them ticking!

Quote:
Are you, Jose ? IIRC a bare PCB for KC 7 costs more than a Tent XO DIY ....

Quote:
Originally posted by fmak

-------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think he is biased. As I have posted before, it should NOT be assumed that the clock is the only variable. The result, sonically or otherwise, depends on the unit in which it is tested in and its components. Also how and where you take supply from.

How true. I've heard quite extreme differences due to different power supplies with the DIY Tent XO. I never feed it from the cdplayers supply anymore since I measured and listened with a separate transformer/supply.

About differences between KC7 and Tent's clock:

Tent's clock is canned ( RF shielded ), small, has warranty, does not require symmetric supplies and it has better specs than most other clocks. It requires less parts and it is more suitable for series production. It is cheaper than the other ones too including KC7. Besides that Guido does excellent service like fast delivery and he is always willing to give technical advice. Yes, one can call that pre biased but results and price count so it IS better after all for me. Life is all about choices and concerning clocks mine is very clear as you can see.

I admit that even when KC7 would be *slightly* better I still would go for the other features....
Old 28th December 2003, 12:55 PM   #7
Banned

Unless you feed your clock with really clean power, you are wasting your time and money.

Add quiet to that. Three- legged regulators won't cut it by themselves.

Jocko
Old 28th December 2003, 01:43 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Beste Jean-Paul!

Hi Jean-Paul,

Quote:
Are you, Jose ?
What if? Yes I am,........ Do you hate me??????

I just like the way people tell an other person that this is better than that. I now study Psychology and love to see the way people behave.

My biggest problem is that I'm dyslectic, so I don't know how to spell a word correctly and have difficulty reading new words, I read very slow.

Jean-Paul, for the reccord, I really appreciate both gentlemen, Guido and Elso. And you will never hear me saying that Guido's clock is not good or that it's not a DIY clock, on the contrary. It's good and it's also a DIY one.
But the Tent XO2 is ready build and the KC-7 is not, but can be build and tested by Elso for the one that isn't handy! And there lies the difference between the Tent XO2 and the KC-7.

Jean-Paul, I want to tell you this: I'll put my findings on the forum and all forum members can do whatever they want with it.

I understand that you prefer the Tent clock because it's cheaper and small and perhaps you can make proffit using it, and...... and........... But as you said;

Quote:
I admit that even when KC7 would be *slightly* better I still would go for the other features....
Do I need to say more?

Thanks for replying and I wish you all the best with your Porsche, and I will sure give you a lift in my Lexus (I don't own one ) if your Porsche has trouble and you are stranded (for the reccord, Porsche is not Tent XO2 and Lexus is not KC-7) It's just a matter of taste. A Lexus never stops aslong as the fuel tank has fuel in it and the battery is charged! That's something you can't say about a Porsche! not even the most expensive one.

Thanks and good luck!

Best regards,

Josť (Audiofanatic )
Old 28th December 2003, 01:59 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
A Lexus never stops aslong as the fuel tank has fuel in it and the battery is charged! That's something you can't say about a Porsche! not even the most expensive one.
Amen to that. Other than being one of the most bland and boring cars imaginable the Lexus is probably the only one where i can listen to music while driving - the motor noise is almost nonexistent. Or is that the power supply noise?
Old 28th December 2003, 03:02 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default bland and boring ?

Quote:
Originally posted by analog_sa

Amen to that. Other than being one of the most bland and boring cars imaginable the Lexus is probably the only one where i can listen to music while driving - the motor noise is almost nonexistent. Or is that the power supply noise?

Audiofanatic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lexus is200.jpg (10.6 KB, 542 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!