Audiocom Clock 1.2.1 - worth £60?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Clocks I still hear them tikking!

Hi Jean-Paul,

Are you by any chance pre biased? ;)

I have to say that I've try most XO's and the best ones are the KC-7 and Guido's XO2.
The XO2 and the KC-7 are different but not better than the otherone.

Within a few weeks, I'll put on this forum my findings regarding the Tent XO2.
But to tell you right now what I've seen and heard...............
Wel, the Tent XO2 is not better or worse than the KC-7. It's like saying that a porsche is better than a Lexus; I would say that the Lexus is better cause I use to be a good/one of the best enging technician in Holland, I'm now unemployed due to a n accident, and have worked on both of them a lot. So I know what I'm talking about. Lexus is better! but not faster! Till the next post.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

Re: Clocks I still hear them tikking!

I have to say that I've try most XO's and the best ones are the KC-7 and Guido's XO2.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think he is biased. As I have posted before, it should NOT be assumed that the clock is the only variable. The result, sonically or otherwise, depends on the unit in which it is tested in and its components. Also haow and where you take supply from.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Re: Re: Clocks I still hear them ticking!

Are you, Jose ? IIRC a bare PCB for KC 7 costs more than a Tent XO DIY ....

fmak said:

-------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think he is biased. As I have posted before, it should NOT be assumed that the clock is the only variable. The result, sonically or otherwise, depends on the unit in which it is tested in and its components. Also how and where you take supply from.

How true. I've heard quite extreme differences due to different power supplies with the DIY Tent XO. I never feed it from the cdplayers supply anymore since I measured and listened with a separate transformer/supply.

About differences between KC7 and Tent's clock:

Tent's clock is canned ( RF shielded ), small, has warranty, does not require symmetric supplies and it has better specs than most other clocks. It requires less parts and it is more suitable for series production. It is cheaper than the other ones too including KC7. Besides that Guido does excellent service like fast delivery and he is always willing to give technical advice. Yes, one can call that pre biased but results and price count so it IS better after all for me. Life is all about choices and concerning clocks mine is very clear as you can see.

I admit that even when KC7 would be *slightly* better I still would go for the other features....

Beste Jean-Paul!

Hi Jean-Paul,

Are you, Jose ?
What if? ;) Yes I am,........ Do you hate me?????? :D

I just like the way people tell an other person that this is better than that. I now study Psychology and love to see the way people behave.

My biggest problem is that I'm dyslectic, so I don't know how to spell a word correctly and have difficulty reading new words, I read very slow.

Jean-Paul, for the reccord, I really appreciate both gentlemen, Guido and Elso. And you will never hear me saying that Guido's clock is not good or that it's not a DIY clock, on the contrary. It's good and it's also a DIY one.
But the Tent XO2 is ready build and the KC-7 is not, but can be build and tested by Elso for the one that isn't handy! And there lies the difference between the Tent XO2 and the KC-7.

Jean-Paul, I want to tell you this: I'll put my findings on the forum and all forum members can do whatever they want with it.

I understand that you prefer the Tent clock because it's cheaper and small and perhaps you can make proffit using it, and...... and........... But as you said;

I admit that even when KC7 would be *slightly* better I still would go for the other features....

Do I need to say more?

Thanks for replying and I wish you all the best with your Porsche, and I will sure give you a lift in my Lexus (I don't own one ;)) if your Porsche has trouble and you are stranded (for the reccord, Porsche is not Tent XO2 and Lexus is not KC-7) It's just a matter of taste. A Lexus never stops aslong as the fuel tank has fuel in it and the battery is charged! That's something you can't say about a Porsche! not even the most expensive one.

Thanks and good luck!

Best regards,

José (Audiofanatic ;))

A Lexus never stops aslong as the fuel tank has fuel in it and the battery is charged! That's something you can't say about a Porsche! not even the most expensive one.

Amen to that. Other than being one of the most bland and boring cars imaginable the Lexus is probably the only one where i can listen to music while driving - the motor noise is almost nonexistent. Or is that the power supply noise? :)

bland and boring ?

analog_sa said:

Amen to that. Other than being one of the most bland and boring cars imaginable the Lexus is probably the only one where i can listen to music while driving - the motor noise is almost nonexistent. Or is that the power supply noise? :)

Audiofanatic ;)

Attachments

• lexus is200.jpg
    lexus is200.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 576
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Beste Jose!

Audiofanatic said:
Hi Jean-Paul,

What if? ;) Yes I am,........ Do you hate me?????? :D

I just like the way people tell an other person that this is better than that. I now study Psychology and love to see the way people behave.

But the Tent XO2 is ready build and the KC-7 is not, but can be build and tested by Elso for the one that isn't handy! And there lies the difference between the Tent XO2 and the KC-7.

Jean-Paul, I want to tell you this: I'll put my findings on the forum and all forum members can do whatever they want with it.

I understand that you prefer the Tent clock because it's cheaper and small and perhaps you can make profit using it, and...... and........... But as you said;

Do I need to say more?

José (Audiofanatic ;))

Jose, you did not read correctly. There was a comma between the words indicating that I asked you the same question you asked me. "Are you pre biased, Jose ?" Is that more clear ? BTW I think that if you have the impression that one is pre biased it is better to say why you think so otherwise it is useless info which adds nothing to a discussion.

I did not tell other people that one of the products is better for them. It was just a reaction on you stating that KC7 is cheaper and better than a second hand Audiocom clock. I said which product is better for me . Although I don't/didn't study psychology I am interested in the subject. Just see how many misunderstandings because of communication there are on this page !!!

The DIY XO should be compared to KC7, not the XO2. It seems that you missed the fact that the XO module can be bought sentence indicating that I would take it for granted that if the KC7 would be * slightly* ( not much, only a teeny bit ) better I still would choose Tent XO for the other positive features which I carefully explained. Sometimes other factors are important as well, like size, warranty etc.separately for DIY purposes. You have to make a pcb or use Veroboard.

If I want to make a profit I would want to make it too on a KC7. No argument there. Don't know where the profit thing came from but I can guess, probably from a pre biased person :D

You don't need to say more but I wrote "*slightly*" in that sentence indicating that I would take it for granted that if the KC7 would be * slightly* ( not much, only a teeny bit ) better I still would choose Tent XO for the other positive features which I carefully explained. Sometimes other factors are important as well, like size, warranty etc.

Jean-Paul\ who drives a poor mans Lexus ;)

Jean-Paul

Hi,

That's just what I was telling you.
I don't see commas, periods, etc.etc.
I usually know that a sentence is ending because the next starts with a
capital. I always use a dictionary every time I post something.
I don't know if a word like capital is written with a k or a c.

(e.g. I started with SAXOFONE lessons 10 years ago, but had to stop
cause I don't see some notes, they are constantly dancing)

At the time I was living on the island of Curaçao manny people though I
was domb/stupid cause I could not catchup with the lessons at school.
The reason was my dyslexia/wordblindness!

I realy apologize for my reading mistake. I hope you understand.

BTW, the XO is tested by me with a nice PSU and the results where good,
but could not reach the tremendus performance of the KC-7.
Like I told you, I'll put my findings on the forum as soon as I'm better
and have tested the Tend XO2.
I'm still struggleling with my health, I'm much better now, thank God!

Jean-Paul, I wish you all the best and ones again sorry for my
misreading.

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

P.S. I'm NOT per biased ;)

Caps for KWAK-CLOCK-7

leo said:
Hi All

Can anybody advise which are the best caps to use in Elso's clock 7?
Cheers
Leo
Hi Leo,
As per partlist downloadable here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=199928#post199928
But I can't prevent your guys from using "boutique" parts like Oscons, Blackgates, rare silvermica's..........
If your player does not get crazy use 12000µF low ESR electrolytics in place of the 1µF caps. This gives slightly better results.
:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.