Philips CDD882

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picked up a Philips CDD882 for 5 euro.
It did not read 95% of cd's entered. The drawer does not come out without help. Display has some faded lines and the lamps are out...

I ran the service menu to find basics seem fine.
While reading here I found that the infamous '33uF' laser decoupling cap could be giving me trouble also.

Today I took out the servo board and replaced the two tda5708 decoupling caps and the 33uF cap by 47uF/16v Oscon's. Also replaced the 2 220uF decoupling caps by 270uF/16v Oscon's.

Now it reads any cd, at least I have to find one it can't read :)

Belt + Lamps are on their way.. Have to look what can be done about the display.

The lights, it has 3, 2 were out.
One German seller on eBay sells 'CD 880 / 960' lights, well they appeared to be wrong and what I think CD960 lights since they almost gave no light in the 882.
The CD880/CDD882 needs 5v 60mA bulps, actually miniature lights with leads or wire. i sourced these (since there is confusion around) and 6v 70mA to try and both work fine.

Next the display, it seems to have some light and darker horizontal lines..

Lots of success with the CDD882.

And 5 Euro is a real steal for such a nice player!

I own a CD880 (now for over 20 years) and it's still great!! Also had to change the belt (dried and broken).. still have to change some of the defective bulbs (indeed they are 6Volts).

I also have to modify the DAC. Does the CDD882 have an onboard DAC or is it like the CD882: only digital-out?

Regards,
Edwin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.