XMOS ES9023 Asynchronous DAC Decoder USB to Optical Coaxial 384K 32Bit Weiliang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Bgt!
I did follow your steps, but it had not worked yet. Did you insert the usb before or after the instruction of the Tom' website? Nothing happened when I follow the steps above. I alway receive a message :"Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it.". I did try to setup the usb to a fresh of win8 but could not. It works well with mac mini or macbookair but no to mac G4.
Thanks

Hi Bgt!
I did follow your steps, but it had not worked yet. Did you insert the usb before or after the instruction of the Tom' website? Nothing happened when I follow the steps above. I alway receive a message :"Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it.". I did try to setup the usb to a fresh of win8 but could not. It works well with mac mini or macbookair but no to mac G4.
Thanks
Hi, you need to see it in device manager, klick on the device and klick on update driver. Otherwise you cannot install it.

Last edited:
Hi Bgt
Thanks for your answer, I already did this step before but failed. Maybe I try to liten to a mac mini as a music server. Someone said that it better to an Win8 system?
By the way, could you please tell me your feeling about the Xmos usb dac in your music system?
Thanks.

So your PC does not "see" the Xmos device? Strange. Tested it here in an i7-4770K, FX8350, A10-6800K PC and they all see the device.
The sound is OK(I am used to highend stuff). Comparing the output of the Xmos decoder to my Buffalo DAC output shows no real difference. But hey, I am not 20 anymore so that could also come into play:)(soundwise I mean).

I am having the same problem as nghe.
If I try to download the special drivers posted by androa, I cannot find them anymore. Can someone help me?
I am using windows server 2012, and when I connect the dac with usb, windows says: usb device not recognized. If I try to install the tenor drivers, as said, I receive the same identical error as nghe.

I'd be grateful if someone could help me.
Thanks.

I have 2hand minishow0328 es9018 with xmos (no cd or anything)
If I plug it in to win7 or win 8 machines driver installs automatically (xmos usb audio 2.0)
But driver has problem; code 10. I have tried downloading all kinds of drivers but they are not accepted; even with startup-option 7 (ignore signature)
Ebay item 141088296880
Upgraded Finished DAC Decoder ES9018 32bit 192kHz DAC Optical Coaxial USB | eBay
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20160220_123004.jpg
    20160220_123004.jpg
    941.8 KB · Views: 85
  • 20160220_122942.jpg
    20160220_122942.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.