Philips SACD1000 transport mechanism equivalent

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got a player that uses the same high failure rate transport (Philips VAL6011) / logic board (SAA73399HL Mace2 and SAA73355 Furore IC's) that gave up on me just yesterday, it reads dvd's and cd's fine but after a few minutes the spindle motor for the disc just stops spinning and halts the system which I would need to power down give it few minutes than turn back on again to play the same disc or eject it.

I understand that way back in 2002-2004 Philips never fixed this problem and a lot of Tri Vista and SACD1000 owners suffered big time with huge losses and attempts from Alex from API to fix the problem was nada.

It's 2013 now and I'm wondering if anybody know or have done a complete transport transplant that uses a different logic board etc but still can the existing connections that connect to the Philips logic board?

Hope someone can shed some light on this...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.