Marantz CD65II - Help please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Marantz CD 65II from my friend stop working. CD rotating anticlockwise and laser head stuck in the centre. I found some schematic of various CD players and chips on net and try to locate a problem. Finally I found a BC 338 in power suply which give +3.5V where I expected -12 V. I replace it with BC 337-40 (cannot find 338) and now CD rotate in right direction and laser head try to read disc. Some discs is recognized and some not so I think I must adjust 2 trimers on board (22K and 4K7).
Questions:

1. is a BC 337-40 good replacement for BC 338

2. does someone know how to adjust 2 trimers (how to enter service mode and how to measure)

3. found 3 opamps (4560D JRC 8031 and 2xLM833N). The first one may be used for headphone output and the LM for audio out. I think to change them for better once but i find only NE 5532 in shop. Is NE pin compatible and will they give sound improvement over LM.

Thank's for any help and sorry for my poor english.

Pero

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.