lampizator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
DF96 was alluring more to your comments on circuits are rather irrelevant etc I believe, and the fact that you state properly engineered circuits sound bad...They don't they sound good, in fact the best sounding circuit would be one that neither added or subtracted from the sound, and such a circuit takes engineering to create, lots to combat all the factors that can effect signal fidelity... Not some esoteric audiophile solution.

limono said:
Not quite sure how learning circuits will make a better listener. I do not care for respect here . After chasing my tail and spending chunk of time and money I decided that I'd rather be happy (idiot) than right.
Up to you. I prefer knowledge to ignorance. Learning about circuits won't make you a better or happier listener, but it will stop you from making silly remarks about circuits. It may stop you from wasting money. It may even help you choose the particular circuits which distort the sound in the way you prefer.

I will try find the statement regarding the PCBs from his site. There does mlook to be some ground plane on the pictures but they are all either low quality or taken with such a small depth of field that details are not clear. (Oh I use the next to the bottom of the range Nikon DSLR, so I would presume that any comments I have about photos to be disregarded by the same rules as well).

FWIW, it's an Amanero USB board from what I've read.

DSD DACs

Up to you. I prefer knowledge to ignorance. Learning about circuits won't make you a better or happier listener, but it will stop you from making silly remarks about circuits. It may stop you from wasting money. It may even help you choose the particular circuits which distort the sound in the way you prefer.

The remarks were not silly just youre to stif and entrenched to get a context also most probably you dont have much exposure (like majority here otherwise they wouldnt be hanging on DIY forums ) regarding High end products which allows you to pointify.The consequences od such views are usually horryfic or grotesque sounding sound installations
and whats More the owners are very proud and encourage one another on forums like this .Im aware the same can be said of contradictory approach .

The remarks were not silly just youre to stif and entrenched to get a context also most probably you dont have much exposure (like majority here otherwise they wouldnt be hanging on DIY forums ) regarding High end products which allows you to pointify.The consequences od such views are usually horryfic or grotesque sounding sound installations
I have noticed recently that some of the reply's to those of us who are more objective in our views have become rather patronising, I have been hit a couple of times in the last few days, once on this thread and once on another, with similar comments to the above, yet all we do (apart from eat popcorn) is give our views on a public forum. Views that in most cases are based on experience within the electronics industry. These narrow minded comments just show ignorance and misplaced beliefs, and I would dread to look at the systems of some with these narrow minded views.
But as I can only aspire to high end audio, I shall just go and listen to my Walkman, which to me is the pinnacle of sound reproduction and cassette's can not be beat for ultimate fidelity.

To say that circuits are almost irrelevant to audio is silly.

I have no interest in 'high-end'; I prefer high fidelity. My system is for listening to music, not listening to the system. Those who prefer FX boxes (whether cheap or expensive, subtle or gross) will always complain when their favoured distortion is missing.

Every 5th grade engineer knows those circuits somehow they design sonic turd after turd after turd . I'm perfectly aware that audio is engineering and nothing more . It just take the right electrician with a dose of imagination and sometimes ability to forget the dogma and what they were taught at school to create something of a value. At the end it's a personal choice what a hi-fi really is (the written axioms notwithstanding) . I decided to go for FX boxes and I'm not looking back.And no , I'm not willing to spend silly money on something like lampizator pictured in that thread.

Ps I really hope that you don't feel offended .Personally I don't invest any ego in my audio activities.
Regards, L

With digital though you have to follow the rules and bow to physics, to get optimum signal integrity and minimise EMC problems.

agreed , it was not my intention to patronize nor offend an engineers in you but I'm not going to shovel my experiences under the rug just because its either 0 or 1 to you and the rest is scam or high end foolishness which most is but not ALL

With digital though you have to follow the rules and bow to physics, to get optimum signal integrity and minimise EMC problems.

agreed , it was not my intention to patronize nor offend an engineers in you but I'm not going to shovel my experiences under the rug just because its either 0 or 1 to you and the rest is scam or high end foolishness which most is but not ALL

limono said:
At the end it's a personal choice what a hi-fi really is
No. 'Fi' is an abbreviation for fidelity - that means faithful reproduction. Not a matter of choice. Some people like hi-fi, some don't; that is a personal choice. The snag comes when people who don't like hi-fi try to claim that their chosen FX is an alternative (or even superior) form of hi-fi. Not liking hi-fi is actually quite common among audiophiles; sadly, denying this is also quite common.

No. 'Fi' is an abbreviation for fidelity - that means faithful reproduction. Not a matter of choice. Some people like hi-fi, some don't; that is a personal choice. The snag comes when people who don't like hi-fi try to claim that their chosen FX is an alternative (or even superior) form of hi-fi. Not liking hi-fi is actually quite common among audiophiles; sadly, denying this is also quite common.

Than there is no need for any development since we have hi-fing high fidelity , highly faithfully reproduction for last 50 years and since 80' perfect sound forever in digital. Having a pathetic sounding systems is a norm among engineers living in their white castles but I agree with you that audiophiles beat engineers two to one . Are we done yet ? I think I am .:D you won ,time for me to go back to my drawer and try not to post on things way over my head.

Than there is no need for any development since we have hi-fing high fidelity , highly faithfully reproduction for last 50 years and since 80' perfect sound forever in digital.

On the contrary, some issues are indeed solved, but some are indeed fruitful areas to research. I was fortunate enough to spend some time with a remarkable gadget (the Smyth Realiser) that would have been impossible 10 years ago.

"White Castle" has a different meaning in English than you suppose. What You Crave | White Castle

Having a pathetic sounding systems is a norm among engineers living in their white castles but I agree with you that audiophiles beat engineers two to one.

I see virtually nothing valuable constructed by audiophiles who are NOT engineers.

Please point out to any particular "discoveries" made by audiophiles without any knowledge of electronics and engineering. Is that $25,000 audio cable or 3D audio quantum purifier?

Well this has been a rather interesting read.

Consturction is sub par. He should at least make a PCB for the power supplies with flying leads, and use better construction tecniques if he is selling comercially. My limited understanding of EU directives supports the premis that what he is selling is in violation of several.

Digital buffering with tubes is a great way to degrade rise times and introduce jitter unless one is careful with design and layout.

The PCBs for the volume control are third party purchased assemblies. Probably the best feature of the system.

Looking at the original picture I wonder whether those digital boards are custom; to me they look like evaluation modules from a manufacrurer. Anybody knows what they are?

Jan

Interesting, I am inclined to agree with you, I have tried finding a close up or head on shot of the boards but so far no joy.
That is not uncommon during prototyping, but then a bespoke board is done (using the ref design as a basis. I don't know what copyright etc would be for selling equipment with evaluation module?
It does look like lots of parts tacked together.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.