lampizator - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Source & Line > Digital Source

Digital Source Digital Players and Recorders: CD , SACD , Tape, Memory Card, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st October 2013, 05:57 PM   #71
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marce View Post
With digital though you have to follow the rules and bow to physics, to get optimum signal integrity and minimise EMC problems.
agreed , it was not my intention to patronize nor offend an engineers in you but I'm not going to shovel my experiences under the rug just because its either 0 or 1 to you and the rest is scam or high end foolishness which most is but not ALL
Old 31st October 2013, 06:57 PM   #72
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limono
At the end it's a personal choice what a hi-fi really is
No. 'Fi' is an abbreviation for fidelity - that means faithful reproduction. Not a matter of choice. Some people like hi-fi, some don't; that is a personal choice. The snag comes when people who don't like hi-fi try to claim that their chosen FX is an alternative (or even superior) form of hi-fi. Not liking hi-fi is actually quite common among audiophiles; sadly, denying this is also quite common.
Old 31st October 2013, 09:35 PM   #73
limono is offline limono  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF96 View Post
No. 'Fi' is an abbreviation for fidelity - that means faithful reproduction. Not a matter of choice. Some people like hi-fi, some don't; that is a personal choice. The snag comes when people who don't like hi-fi try to claim that their chosen FX is an alternative (or even superior) form of hi-fi. Not liking hi-fi is actually quite common among audiophiles; sadly, denying this is also quite common.
Than there is no need for any development since we have hi-fing high fidelity , highly faithfully reproduction for last 50 years and since 80' perfect sound forever in digital. Having a pathetic sounding systems is a norm among engineers living in their white castles but I agree with you that audiophiles beat engineers two to one . Are we done yet ? I think I am . you won ,time for me to go back to my drawer and try not to post on things way over my head.
Old 31st October 2013, 09:39 PM   #74
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by limono View Post
Than there is no need for any development since we have hi-fing high fidelity , highly faithfully reproduction for last 50 years and since 80' perfect sound forever in digital.
On the contrary, some issues are indeed solved, but some are indeed fruitful areas to research. I was fortunate enough to spend some time with a remarkable gadget (the Smyth Realiser) that would have been impossible 10 years ago.

"White Castle" has a different meaning in English than you suppose. What You Crave | White Castle
Old 31st October 2013, 10:07 PM   #75
diyAudio Member

Looking at the original picture I wonder whether those digital boards are custom; to me they look like evaluation modules from a manufacrurer. Anybody knows what they are?

Jan
Old 31st October 2013, 10:10 PM   #76
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by limono View Post
Having a pathetic sounding systems is a norm among engineers living in their white castles but I agree with you that audiophiles beat engineers two to one.
I see virtually nothing valuable constructed by audiophiles who are NOT engineers.

Please point out to any particular "discoveries" made by audiophiles without any knowledge of electronics and engineering. Is that $25,000 audio cable or 3D audio quantum purifier?
Old 1st November 2013, 01:31 AM   #77
TheGimp is online now TheGimp  United States
diyAudio Member

Well this has been a rather interesting read.

Consturction is sub par. He should at least make a PCB for the power supplies with flying leads, and use better construction tecniques if he is selling comercially. My limited understanding of EU directives supports the premis that what he is selling is in violation of several.

Digital buffering with tubes is a great way to degrade rise times and introduce jitter unless one is careful with design and layout.

The PCBs for the volume control are third party purchased assemblies. Probably the best feature of the system.
Old 1st November 2013, 07:33 AM   #78
marce is offline marce  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jan.didden View Post
Looking at the original picture I wonder whether those digital boards are custom; to me they look like evaluation modules from a manufacrurer. Anybody knows what they are?

Jan
Interesting, I am inclined to agree with you, I have tried finding a close up or head on shot of the boards but so far no joy.
That is not uncommon during prototyping, but then a bespoke board is done (using the ref design as a basis. I don't know what copyright etc would be for selling equipment with evaluation module?
It does look like lots of parts tacked together.
Old 1st November 2013, 09:34 AM   #79
diyAudio Member

The board with a connected USB cable is an
OEM Combo384 Module - USB class 2 to I2S 32bit and DSD output Adapter.

Amanero Technologies

AMANERO USB – I2S Interface | H i F i D U I N O
Old 2nd November 2013, 01:18 AM   #80
diyAudio Member

Golden Ears vs Golden Eyes. Interesting

Hide this!Advertise here!